TRIAAD project “Teletraining Research and Information around Dual Diagnosis”
The TRIADD project is piloting the delivery of a number of training courses in some of the countries of the partners to project, aiming to increase the knowledge and skills of front line staff in recognising and working with mental health problems in people with a learning disability.
The course should convey simple messages and provide elements of answers to the following questions (put by front-line staff)
Understand better the person with Dual Diagnosis (in his/her environment)
- Say to the participants that the disabled can have problems (which major disfunctions ?)
- Say that these problems can interfere with the normal `functioning’ of the personGive examples of HOW these changes can present themselves - descriptions
- Help them to reflect on the possible reasons for these problems/changesWith which tools, observation, etc. can these changes be observed, documented, foreseen, even anticipated…
- Help staff to draw on their own resources of adaptation, of change in attitude, to review their socio- educational approach in relation to these new issues
- Re-examine (in a constructive way) their approach/intervention
- Show that their relationship, their attitude is a decisive factor in the issue, either as catalyst or in a reactive way..(case studies….)
- Enable the staff member to get to grips with the problem by helping her/him to formalise it in a more systematic way ;Help them to construct schemes of solutions which will allow them to constantly recreate ‘new’ and/or adapted answers and solutions (analysis of practice……)
- Make reference to measures which can be taken with a multi-disciplinary team as a possible resource
- Make reference to measures which can be put in place regarding cooperation with exterior partners
- Make reference to the realities of the service/institution (in the broad sense) in which these solutions must be found(Provide the teams concerned with analysers /indicators on the impact of the course on their service/institution.
To know more about the TRIADD Achievements and Outcomes please see:
The TRINNODD “Transfer of innovation project” was a 2-year project (2008-2010) which aims at updating the previous TRIADD product www.triadd.lu and transferring practice knowledge about problems related to Dual Diagnosis to new target groups in Italy, Portugal, Spain and Romania. On the basis of needs assessments carried out in partner countries, on recent research findings and on TRIADD recommendations, partners developed innovative training modules in their respective countries.
To know more about TRINNODD Achievements and Outcomes please click here