TRIAAD project (Teletraining Research and Information around Dual Diagnosis) aimed at piloting the delivery of a number of training courses in some of the countries of the partners to project, aiming to increase the knowledge and skills of front line staff in recognising and working with mental health problems in people with a learning disability.
The course wanted to convey simple messages and provide elements of answers to the following questions (put by front-line staff) and better the understand person with Dual Diagnosis (in his/her environment)
- Say to the participants that the disabled can have problems (which major disfunctions?)
- Say that these problems can interfere with the normal `functioning? of the personGive examples of HOW these changes can present themselves – descriptions
- Help them to reflect on the possible reasons for these problems/changesWith which tools, observation, etc. can these changes be observed, documented, foreseen, even anticipated?
- Help staff to draw on their own resources of adaptation, of change in attitude, to review their socio- educational approach in relation to these new issues
- Re-examine (in a constructive way) their approach/intervention
- Show that their relationship, their attitude is a decisive factor in the issue, either as catalyst or in a reactive way. (case studies)
- Enable the staff member to get to grips with the problem by helping her/him to formalise it in a more systematic way ;Help them to construct schemes of solutions which will allow them to constantly recreate new and/or adapted answers and solutions (analysis of practice)
- Make reference to measures which can be taken with a multi-disciplinary team as a possible resource
- Make reference to measures which can be put in place regarding cooperation with exterior partners
- Make reference to the realities of the service/institution (in the broad sense) in which these solutions must be found(Provide the teams concerned with analysers /indicators on the impact of the course on their service/institution.
Take a look to the project TRIADD Objectives and Achievments Pubblication
find out more on http://www.triadd.lu/